The famous Mughal city of Agra is a perfect weekend getaway for the people of Delhi. Agra encloses in itself, the glorified and the vast history of the Mughal Emperors, who ruled this area for a long period of time. Moreover, Agra is also one of the most famous attractions for international tourists from around the world. Agra has an endless array of historical monuments of great relevance as well as lush green Mughal Gardens, 3 of which are World Heritage Sites. Also, do not forget to bring back some Petha and Dal Moth, the famous eateries of Agra for your near and dear ones. The most convenient way to reach and roam around in Agra from Delhi is through a Delhi to Agra cab.
How to reach?
The most convenient road route to reach Agra is through the Delhi – Agra Express Highway. This 230 kilometers long stretch would take less than 4 hours to take you to your destination. Just book a Delhi to Agra taxi and get set going.
Must – Visit Places in Agra:
- The Taj Mahal: This one of the most beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Sites is also amongst the 7 Wonders of the World. Not only does it attracts tourists and visitors, but millions of foreign travelers too, to admire its mesmerizing beauty. This monument was built by Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan, in reminiscence of her beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal, after whom, the monument is also named. Today, it acts as a mausoleum for both Mumtaz, as well as Shah Jahan. The Monument remains closed on Fridays. You can visit Taj Mahal on any other days of the week from 6 A.M to 7 P.M.
- Red Fort: Also known as the Agra Fort, this majestic fort built in Red Sandstone, near Taj Mahal still stands as a monument of pride for the Mughal Emperors. This vast fort encloses in itself a number of beautiful building s such as the Moti Masjid, Dewan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khas, and many others. Also amongst the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, this fort remained the seat for Mughal Emperors for a long period of time and till day stands in good condition. It can be visited any day of the week from 6 A.M to 6 P.M.
- Fatehpur Sikri: Another of the World Heritage Sites, this beautiful city was also built by Mughal Emperors as their ruling seat away from the hustle bustle of the city, however, could not act as one for a long period due to shortage of water to fulfill the grandeur of the beautiful palaces for a long time However, this huge complex still stands as an excellent example of architecture. It is also amongst the earliest planned cities of the World.
- Jama Masjid: Standing just opposite to the Agra Fort Railway Station, Jama Masjid was also built by Shah Jahan and dedicated it to her favorite Daughter, Maja Masjid is the biggest Mosque in the whole of India, and one of the most visited too. Approachable by a fleet of stairs, Jama Masjid sits on an elevated podium with 5 arched entrances to the courtyard. This huge mosque is crowned with 3 humongous sandstone domes inlayed with white marble The intricate architecture of the Masjid itself is a must to visit and admire.
- Taj Mahal Gardens. Lying on the opposite side of the Yamuna River across the Taj Mahal are the beautiful lush green gardens placed in the famous Char Bagh style. Not only can you admire these beautiful gardens which were developed for the leisure of the royalties, but can also enjoy a beautiful picturesque view of Taj Mahal from across the Yamuna River, sitting on a Podium. It is highly recommended to visit this place during the sunrise to admire the beauty of morning sun falling on the dome of Taj Mahal during sunrise. Book a Delhi to Agra cab and also shortlist all the places you wish to visit beforehand with the provider.
- The Taj Mahal Museum: If you are a history enthusiast and wish to read and witness some of the legendary possessions of the Mughal Emperors, it is a must visit to visit this Museum placed within the Taj Mahal complex itself. Moreover, you will also get a chance to witness the drawings of the Taj Mahal with the Layout of its original planning which till date influences the young minds and till day stands as an example of perfect planning.
If you have been living in Delhi but still have not been to Agra, it’s time to boom your Delhi to Agra taxi right now and get away for the weekend to witness the beauty of these above-mentioned places along with tonnes of other famous monuments and beautiful Mughal Gardens which will blow your mind away.