These days, the Aadhaar card has become a very important document. If you want to open a bank account or start investing in mutual funds, you need to furnish your Aadhaar details. That’s why, it is crucial that all details in your card are factual, and if not, they need to be duly corrected and updated. For instance, if you have relocated recently, the change in your address must reflect in your Aadhaar card. In this article, you can find out how to update your address in your Aadhaar card online in simple, easy steps. By the end of the article, you will be able to get Aadhaar card download with updated details easily.
Step #1: Visit the Official Aadhaar Website
- Log on to the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). You can go directly to the website.
- Select the option: Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
Step #2: Log into your Account
- You can log into your account by entering your 12-digit Aadhaar number and text verification code displayed on the screen.
- Click on the button: Send OTP (One Time Password).
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number registered in the UIDAI’s database.
- Enter the OTP number to log into your Aadhaar account.
- Another option available to log in is the Time-based One Time Password (TOTP).
Step #3: Select the Necessary Option
- Once you enter your account, choose whether to change the address by the area pin code or by the address.
- Fill in the required details and click the submit button.
Step #4: Scan and upload the necessary documents
- To change to the latest address in your Aadhaar card, provide your correct address.
- You can choose from a number of different proofs. This can include your passport, credit card statement, insurance policy, landline telephone bill or tax receipt.
- Scan and upload the self-attested address proof onto the website.
Step #5: Submit Aadhaar Card Change Request
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete your address change request.
- Once your request is accepted, you are provided with an acknowledgment slip. This slip contains your Update Request Number (URN).
- You can use this number to track your Aadhaar card update status at any point in time by visiting here.
Who Can Update Aadhaar Online?
Any resident of India can update his/her address using the UIDAI portal. However, this can be made possible only with a registered mobile number with the UIDAI database. This is because the entire process works only through passwords sent to your registered number. The UIDAI website says that ‘a registered mobile number is mandatory to receive password for login’.
Additional Read: How to make aadhar card online
Many financial transactions require you to provide your Aadhaar card. That’s why it has become necessary to keep your details up to date. While this may seem like hard work, the good news is, you can do it all by yourself right from the comfort of your own home. For this, you need to visit the official UIDAI website and log into your account using your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Make sure to scan and upload the necessary documents as per the requirements stated on the website. Once you submit the ‘address change’ request, you will be provided with an Update Request Number (URN). You can keep track of the update status with the URN. Lastly, since this is an OTP based process, ensure that your current mobile number is registered with the UIDAI. You can log into your account and carry out the process only if you are able to receive regular OTPs from UIDAI. In case you are unable to update your address online for any reason, you can visit the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrollment Centre to update it offline.
Are you looking to go on a vacation to Europe? Or perhaps fund your child’s education or start your own company? A personal loan can help you meet all these financial requirements and more.