It can be a nightmare to encounter a blocked drainage system, especially at times when you least expect them. When stagnant water gets collected in the drain, it can possibly lead to hazardous situations like a leakage, air pollution, and flooding. In such times, it is the best to reach to proficient London drainage services that can help you with an emergency drain repair and drain maintenance.
It is imperative to check the online reviews and ratings about the drainage facilities you are hiring. A reliable company would enjoy a good reputation in the market. Always go in for accredited companies that have got positive unbiased reviews and ratings from their customers in the past. The best way to find a reliable drainage service is by asking your friends and acquaintances. Believe it or not, this would help you find the most efficient and trustworthy services for drain maintenance and emergency drain repairs! Always check the services offered by the companies that you want to hire. Prefer companies that provide round-the-clock services for emergency drain repair.
Tips to avoid drain clogging:
If debris, grease, intrusive tree roots or small objects have piled up in your drainage system it would lead to a blocked drain. Read on further to get some general maintenance tips for keeping your drainage system intact.
- In the case of a minor clog, a plunger would help.
- It is imperative to clear the debris under the bathtub stoppers few times in a week. Make sure you wash the stopper prior to replacing it on the drain.
- Hire a plumber for installing grates over your drains. Always use a non-corrosive antibacterial cleaner for getting your drains cleaned.
- Make sure you do not grow trees or large plants in the vicinity of your drainage systems. The tree roots may intrude into the pipes and cause clogging.
- Do not put the waste or other objects into the drain. It is better to put the trash into dustbin instead of draining it down.
- Place a barrier or a mesh on the drain hole prior to washing your hair in a sink or the bathtub. Hair should not get into the drainage system as it would lead to serious clogging in the pipes.
- Grease can be washed away by pouring down hot salty water over the drain.
If you are still encountering drainage issues despite practicing these tips, you should reach out to reputable London drainage services.