Bottle caries occurs in bottle-feeding children who have it in their mouths most of the time, even if they do not drink anything. This pain is often not part of what the mother thinks when her child refuses to eat.
He has no appetite, grimaces or chills when eating. This pain, however, can become one of those that impede good nutrition during the early stages. One must make a point of honor on oral health since childhood. Indeed, it also depends on the quality of life of the baby.
That is why it is essential that you put in your child the taking of good eating habits and good oral hygiene. These bottle teeth decaying can affect the mood and health of a child.
What is bottle tooth decaying?
Bottle caries is those that appear on the milk teeth during the first years of childhood from the moment of the appearance of the dentition.
This type of suffering is very closely linked to bottle-feeding abuse, poor eating habits, and poor oral hygiene. Bottle caries can cause pain, extreme sensitivity to cold and hot foods. They also cause difficulties to eat.
Oral hygiene: the best way to avoid bottle caries
– In addition to the measures mentioned above, the most effective method of avoiding bottle caries is to maintain good oral hygiene and make a visit to kids dentist regularly.
The bacterial plaque that produces caries will not affect it. It is difficult, however, for a toddler to follow a routine. If you are a mother, you will need to take care of this and check her mouth frequently.
– If your child is small and has almost no teeth, it is important to clean the mouth, tongue, and gums with a damp cloth. If on the contrary, he has all his teeth, you must use a soft-bristled toothbrush to wash them after each meal, and especially, before going to bed.
– The lower teeth are brushed up and down from top to bottom on both sides. This technique protects the gums and allows the teeth to be clean. Also, it is reported that children use fluoride toothpaste. This helps to preserve tooth enamel. However, we advise you to consult your dentist first. Indeed, this type of toothpaste is sometimes issued under prescription.
What measures should be taken to prevent bottle caries?
To avoid bottle caries, it is important to consider the following recommendations:
– Do not let your child take the habit of using the bottle as a pacifier.
– If the rubber-impregnated with milk, juice or other drinks-stays in the mouth for too long, or even if it is left to sleep with its bottle in the mouth, it may cause the appearance of its first caries.
– Avoid giving him sugary foods. Do not give it the bad habit of impregnating the pacifier with honey, sugar syrup, condensed milk or other sweet food when you need to soothe it. Eating very sweet can cause cavities. However, a posteriori, this can promote the onset of diabetes, obesity and many other health problems.
– Make sure he drinks a lot of water. Water is the best medicine for the body. Besides, it will help remove plaque that accumulates in the oral cavity.
– Take him regularly to the kids dental care. Although it is small, control is never too much. Also, if you think that your child has cavities, it is essential that a specialist directs you more precisely on the care that requires.
– To bet on good oral hygiene since childhood is to have a small guarantee that it will never have cavities. If you help your child develop this habit-like any other, you will find that he will begin to take care of him.
Also, this will train your child to opt for learning on maintaining oral hygiene which will be a great thing that he won’t need to worry about when he is a mature adult. It is equally important for your child to know how crucial this problem can be if not taken proper care.
So always try to make him adopt these habits which will lead him to have a healthy life and a good life. After all, you are the one who would be responsible for your child’s healthy future.