State Bank of India conducted SBI PO Prelims exam in the month of June 2019 and most of the aspirants are waiting for the results. Results are expected anytime in the first week or second week of July 2019 followed by Mains Exam. According to the official notification, SBI PO MAINS 2019 is scheduled for 20th July 2019. It means that there is hardly anytime left for the SBI PO MAINS 2019 exam preparation.
First of all let us know the exam pattern of PHASE II i.e. SBI PO MAINS 2019 EXAM.
SBI PO Main Examination comprises of multiple choice questions test for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be held online. Candidates need to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer.
EXAM PATTERN is given below:
- OBJECTIVE TEST
|S.No.||Name of Section(Objective)||No. of MCQs||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
Note: There will be negative marking in objective type test with as much as 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- DESCRIPTITVE TEST
This test will be of 50 marks where candidates will be asked to write a paragraph or essay of about 200 words and a letter of about 150 words. It will be conducted on computer.
Phase II is very challenging and competitive as it has long question paper with two sections one is objective and other one is descriptive. There are certain tips to follow to attempt SBI MAINS EXAM effectively.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR SBI PO MAINS EXAM 2019
- Syllabus is almost same for reasoning section but one need to improve the speed and master the topics which are asked more in previous year papers. For English language, the syllabus is same; a thorough revision is a must with lot of practice. Data analysis and General Awareness needs to be worked on as it was not the part of PHASE I i.e. Prelims exam.
- There is no need to join any BANK COACHING INSTITUTE as the syllabus is not much and the time is also less to join any coaching. In case you are attending the classes in continuation after attempting PHASE- I exam, then it is fine.
- Buy a question bank or test series of the reputed author or publication to practice questions for MAINS EXAM. It will help you build confidence and help you in working on your weak topics.
- Join online test series of a reputed educational portal and attempt one mock test every day and know the feedback provided by them. The ranking provided for your marks will give you the idea about your position on All India basis as most of the reputed portals give you ALL INDIA LEVEL performance report of your mock test.
- For General Awareness Section, read newspaper daily, especially the economic and business section where you get the relevant news for banking awareness and economic development of India and the world. Most of the questions are based on current affairs in this section and get better exam cracking strategies through SBI PO Coaching in Jammu. Note down the news and revise them daily.
- The main objective of Descriptive English language test is to analyze your language proficiency. Therefore, read and write the essays based on the current and hot issues related to the India and the world. The essays with ethical reasons are awarded more marks than essays which are written with a general view about the topic. Therefore, read the current affairs properly and co-relate the topic with the current scenario to score more marks.
- Informal letter is asked therefore learn the basic format of it. Develop the latest language trend used by the banking correspondence to master the official letter writing for SBI PO BANK exam. Write an essay and letter every day and get it evaluated by the subject expert to know your weaknesses and try to improve them in the next attempt. Practice it hard before the exam so that you become proficient in it.
SBI PO 2019 exam is a very prestigious as well as most awaited written competitive exam to successfully become part of India’s biggest banking organization.
So, it’s time to follow the important tips seriously and deliver your best efforts to qualify this banking competitive exam.
All the Best!!!