Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, popularly known as the President of Dubai Women Establishment, is the eldest child of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the current ruler of Dubai and Sheikha Randa Al-Banna, born in November 1977.
As a student, Sheikha Manal graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and a Master’s in Marketing from the American University of Dubai. She expressed her intense artistic talent through her creative paintings, which she showcased for the first time in 2004 in “Chromatic Encounters”, along with few other women artists of U.A.E.
She got married to Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi on May 2, 2005. Sheikh Mansour is the deputy prime minister of U.A.E. & is said to be her second cousin. They have five children. Daughter Fatima (born on June 9, 2006), sons Mohammed (born on December 4, 2007) and Hamdan (born June 21, 2011), daughter Lateefa (born on January 23, 2014), and the new addition to the family is a son, named Rashid (born on March 22, 2017)
Apart from being the President of Dubai Women Establishment, Sheikha Manal is also the Minister for Presidential Affairs and is the President of Dubai Ladies Club. She has been endowed with a dedicated passion to empower women. She has been contributing continuously for encouraging women in the U.A.E. by supporting many noteworthy projects. She continues to encourage women empowerment so that women also can effectively participate in the nation’s growth path.
Few of her notable initiatives are:
- The Complete Woman Programme: This programme is pursued to strengthen the role of women in society by providing them social and intellectual expertise which makes them experienced in multi-dimensional ways.
- H. Sheikha Manal Young Artist Award – ‘New Signature Competition’: The initiative was launched to bring positive impact to the society by culturally & artistically. This programme also served as an approach for women to direct & express their inner talents through works of art.
- Dubai Cares campaign: This campaign was led by Sheikha Manal in 2007 to seek support for the underprivileged girls. This initiative highlighted the importance of education for the underprivileged girls to overcome the obstacles of poverty & to enable them to contribute to the society.
- She is also the first women to support ‘Our U.A.E. Free of Thalassemia’ campaign, which started in 2006 and concluded in 2012.
- She has also been contributing many charitable activities around the U.A.E., including the ‘Ebdaat‘ Award for people with special needs.
Apart from these, Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is also the Honorary President of the ‘U.A.E. Association for Down’s Syndrome’ and ‘Emirates Marine Environment Group’ (EMEG).
Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is considered as the Woman Leader who astounded the world with her new-age vision. Sky should be the limit for her who continues to encourage the women of U.A.E for further prosperity and well-being.